District Institute of Education and Training
DIET Nahan is the premier institution of the Distt. imparting training to the Pre service as well as In-Service teachers. The foundation stone of DIET Sirmour at Nahan was laid on 1st July 1997 by the then Honourable Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Sh. Virbhadra Singh Ji. The purpose or role DIET is multifaceted. It shoulders responsibility not only of preparing teachers out of students but to monitor Primary and Elementary Education for its quality education. Sarv Shiksha Abhiyan and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan are executed this institute as principal being designated as ex officio project officer.
Activities performed by the Department through this institution:-
- Pre-Service Teachers Training.
- In Service Teacher’s Training.
- Training to SMC Members.
- Celebration of important Days .
- Research and Evaluation programs.
- Monitoring of activities in schools.
- ICT Training to teachers at various levels.
- Inclusive education of divyang children.
- Civil works in schools.
Establishment of Labs in Upper Primary schools for Computer Aided Learning Project.
- Various Schemes and Citizen Oriented Programs
- SC/ST/Minorities/Urban deprived children are provided various kinds of scholarships and Hostels at Shillai for Girls belonging to SC/ST/OBC students at elementary level has been established.
- Free Uniform and text books under RTE from 1st to 8th classes.
- Aids and Appliances and escort allowance to CWSN.
- NRST Centers for out of school children.
- Mobile Schools for Gujjar Community.
- Free self defense training to girls at secondary level.
- Vocational Education to students at Sec. and Sr. secondary levels.
- To improve learning outcomes this department has been imparting quality education through Prerna at Primary and Prayas at Upper Primary level and Prayas ++ at secondary level in all schools.
- Out of 239 schools in the Distt. (GSSS and GHS) 172 schools have been equipped with state of the art technology computer systems under ICT school Project to provide quality education and cope with the shortage of teachers.
- Virtual Lab facilities have been provided to 20 Sr. Sec. Schools in the Distt. with facility of video conferencing.
- In some schools Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan has been started to popularize Science and Mathematics among students.
- Every year about 8000 SMC members arebeing trained in order to improve school infrastructure as part of community participation in the schools.
- Under this department KGBV Hostels at Shillai for Girls belonging to SC/ST/OBC students at elementary level has been established where about 50 girl students are residing. A hostel for girls at secondary level belonging to SC/ST/OBC and BPL families has also been established at Shillai.
- Vocational education has been introduced for students of 9th to 12th class in 82 schools in 8 trades.
- For implementing the policies under SSA and RMSA this Distt. has been divided into 14 Educational Blocks. BRC Centres has been established at each block where BRC Primary and Upper Primary has been appointed by the department to implement its schemes under SSA and RMSA.
|Office Name||email id||Office Conatct No.|
|BRC Paonta Sahib||brcppaontasahib@gmail[dot]com||–|
DPO-cum- Principal, SSA/RMSA DIET, Sirmaur at Nahan
Phone/Fax : 01702-222609/01702-224023.
email : dietnahan[at]gmail[dot]com; ssadiet.smr1[at]gmail[dot]com)