Brief Profile of the Department
The main aim & objective of the Directorate for the Empowerment of Schedule Castes, Other Backward Classes, Minorities and Specially Abled is to provide social justice and to empower the most vulnerable section of society i.e. Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Minorities, person with disabilities and older persons. The main thrust of the programmes being run by the department is to improve the socio-economic conditions of these sections so as to bring them into the mainstream of the society.
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is the nodal Ministry to oversee the interests of the Scheduled Castes. Though the primary responsibility for promotion of interests of the Scheduled Castes rests with all the Central Ministries in the area of their operations and the State Governments, the Ministry complements their efforts by way of interventions in critical sectors through specifically tailored schemes. Efforts made by State Governments and Central Ministries for protecting and promoting the interests of Scheduled Castes are also monitored.
Summary if Departments Field Offices
- District Welfare Office Sirmour at Nahan.
- Tehsil Welfare Office Nahan.
- Tehsil Welfare Office Paonta Sahib.
- Tehsil Welfare Office Renuka Ji.
- Tehsil Welfare Office Rajgarh.
- Tehsil Welfare Office Shillai.
- Tehsil Welfare Office Pachhad
Activities Performed by the Department
- Various Awareness Camps.
- Atrocities Camps.
- Medical Camps.
- Disabled Day.
- Senior Citizen Day.
- Drugs Abuse Day.
Various Schemes and Citizen Oriented Information
- Social Security Pension Scheme for
- Old-age Pension Scheme.
- National Old-age Pension Scheme.
- Widows Pension/Destitute/Single Women/Divorces Scheme.
- National Widows Pension Scheme.
- Disabled Pension Scheme.
- National Disabled Pension Scheme.
- Leper Pension Scheme.
- Transgender Pension Scheme.
- Housing Subsidy Scheme for SC’s, ST, OBC’s, Minorities, Widows & Specially Abled.
- Intercaste Marriage Scheme.
- Handicapped Marriage Scheme.
- Handicapped Scholarship Scheme.
- Follow-up Scheme for SC’s, OBC’s & ST Scheme.
- National Family Benefits Scheme for BPL families Scheme.
- Computer Application Scheme.
- Senior Citizen Card & Disabled Bus Passes Card.
|Name of Officer||Designation & Location||Telephone No.|
|Vivek Arora||DWO Nahan||01702-222374||dwo-sir-hp[at]nic[dot]in|
|Smt. Vijay Chauhan||TWO Rajgarh||01702-222474||tworajgarh1222[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Neelam Sharma||TWO Paonta Sahib||01704-278532||nsharma9432[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Vijay Singh Thakur||TWO Nahan||01702-222474||nahantwonahan[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Narender Thakur||TWO Shillai||01704-278532||twoshillai63[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Smt. Suman Sharma||TWO Sangrah||01702-248024||twosangrah[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Nitish Kumar||TWO Pachhad||01799-236428||twopchd[at]gmail[dot]com|