Under the ages of Department of Higher Education the Directorate of Higher Education has established one Dy. Directorate of Higher Education office at each District. Overall supervision of all academic activities of senior and senior secondary schools of the District are done at this level. At present there are 145 GSSSs,94 GHSs and 73 Private Schools are functioning in the District. Out of which 41 GSSSs are running Science Stream and 41 GSSSs are running Commerce stream. Out of the total of 62424, 32070 boys and 30354 girls are enrolled in the schools in session 2016-17 . It is also the implementing agency of all the schemes at ground level related to the education in the District.
- Scholarships : Disbursement of various kinds of scholarships to the students e.g. Merit scholarships for GEN/SC/ST/OBCs students of Xth class. Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/GEN Students and post matric Minority Scholarship.
- Inspire and Science Activities : All High and Sen. Sec. schools of the District has been registered under Inspire Scheme for motivating the students for science activities and ecological temperament amongst them. For this District Level Inspire Project competitions are held every year and top ten students are send for competition at State Level.
- Sports Activities : Sports activities are major part of schooling besides academic activities. It not only nurtures the physical health of the students but also a mean for channelizing their energy in right ways. Under-19 tournaments for Boys and Girls are conducted every year and students are selected at State and National levels. The District has achieved National award in Folk Dance event represented by Boys team of GSSS Nagheta and won Cash Prize of Rs. 50000/-
- NSS : There are about 43 schools where NSS Scheme has been implemented where Students of Sr. Sec. school level takes part in activities of social cause and keep the surrounding neat and clean. Community participation is ensured through various Camps.
- Monitoring of IT/ICT and Vocational Education : Almost all schools have been provided with computers and smart Lab facilities at Sec. and Sr. Sec. levels for enhancing the learning abilities of students by use of state of the art technology. Vocational education has been introduced in 75 schools of the District, where through Vocational education students learn to be entrepreneur of the future.
- Distribution of Laptops : Every year top 10000 meritorious students amongst Matric and Plus Two are awarded Laptops in the state and our Distt. has never lagged behind in getting Laptops for its meritorious students.
- Scout and Guide : Almost all the schools (High and Sr. Sec. ) have been registered as BSG Units. Basic and Advance courses for scout masters and Guide Captains are organized including Pratham, Dvitya and Trytya Sopan Testing Camps for Scout and Guides.
Office Contact Info:
Dy. Director of Higher Education Distt. Sirmaur at Nahan H.P.
Phone:01702-222246 Email: ddhesirmour@rediffmail[dot]com